Many people feel that anyone can take a picture. However, to create a photograph takes much more than just pushing the shutter button. A good photographer realizes most importantly he/she must create a photograph must be technically superior to a snapshot, however, more importantly; a photographer needs to create a photograph that is visually stunning and relays to the observer their feelings and emotions of their subject. My hope is that I convey this message to observers of my work.
North American scenics including landscapes, waterscapes and macro photographs.
Works with digital cameras (Canon 60D and Canon 50D) in color and black and white. Uses only available light and a few filters (Polarizer and Color Intensifier). Reproduces images on Epson Ultra Luster paper using an Epson R3000 Photo Printer and Epson 800 Surecolor. Inks used are Ultrachrome K3 archival nine color inks. If need be, also uses outside vendor to produce prints larger than 16x20.
Although not formally trained in the art of photography. I have been practicing my craft for almost ten years. Working as a professional photographer has become a serious obsession. I am currently writing articles for Nature Photographer Magazine as well as Hub Pages and I freelance write for other publications. I have self published two books, “Ohio’s 4 Seasons” and “H20”.
Magazines include Nature Photographer Magazine, Truth Conscience, Michigan Out-of-Doors, Wyoming Elements and Heart of Ohio Magazine. Images featured on book covers include “Somewhere There’s a Rainbow” by Graydon Horath and “Common Sense” by CG Ferrel. Donated photographs for 2011 Hospice Annual Report.
- 2004 Ashland Community Art Center 1 person show
- 2006 Wooster Arts and Jazz Festival
- 2007 Wassenberg Art Center, October Photography Show Multi Artist show
- 2007 Ohio Department of Transportation (District 3) 1 person show
- 2008, 2010 & 2011 Henne’s Art Cellar Gallery Part of Winter Festival and multi artist show
- 2008 Healing Arts Arts Festival, Ashland Ohio
- 2009-2010 Member of Creative Chateau in Ashland, Ohio
- 2010 Mansfield Art Center Gallery Shop, Mansfield, Ohio
- 2011 National Center for Nature Photography (Toledo, Ohio) Part of a 3 artist show
- 2011 All Ohio Media Juried Exhibition, Coburn Gallery, Ashland University multi artist show
- 2011 FAVA (Firelands Association for Visual Artists) Bi-Annual Photography Show and Member Show
- 2012 Photography Exhibit at Ashland Public Library, Ashland Ohio 1 person show.
- 2012 Member of Artspace 109 in Mansfield, Ohio Multiple Artist
- 2012 FAVA Member Show Multi artist show
- 2013 All Ohio Media Juried Exhibition, Coburn Gallery, Ashland University multi artist show
- 2013 The Wilderness Center, Foto Fest, 3rd place and Honorable Mention
- 2013 Tiffin Art Guild Photography Show (3 Pieces)
- 2013 Solo Exhibit Art Junction, New Haven Ohio
- 2014 Valley Art Center, Chagrin Falls, Ohio Mellow Yellows, Various Artists
- 2015 21st Annual The View Juried Landscape Exhibition Rosewood Gallery, Kettering, Ohio
- 2015 Accepted at the Ohio State Fair Fine Art Show
- 2015 Our World Our Landscapes Art Show @ the Art Junction, New Haven, Ohio
- 2015 - 2017 Accepted as part of Ohio Governor's Office Loan Program
- 2016 Accepted Work at the It’s Elemental Show at the Valley Art Center
- 2016 Accepted North Olmsted Courthouse Spring Show (2 pieces)
- 2016 Accepted Work at America’s Parks: A Centennial Celebration at the Hoag Gallery Sangre de Cristo Arts Center, Pueblo, CO
- 2016 Accepted Work at Trees of Life Show at Location 1980, California
- 2017 Accepted Work at the It’s Elemental Show (Fire & Water)
- 2017 Solo Gallery Show at the John Glen International Airport (January - April)
- 2017 FAVA (Firelands Association for Visual Artists) Juried Bi-Annual Photography Show
- 2017 Accepted Work at the annual May Show @ the Mansfield Art Center (3 pieces)